Rugged & Fanless Quad Core Atom™ Industrial Panel PC with Attractive Brushed Aluminum Bezel and Modular Flexible I/O Configurability
BCM Advanced Research, a global embedded solution provider and an associate member of the Intel® Internet of Things Solutions Alliance, introduces its ARC-1209 rugged and fanless Touch Panel PC featuring the quad core Intel Atom E3845 processor onboard and rich flex-expandable I/O technology to meet a wide variety of applications without customization.
ARC-1209 Main Features:
- Fanless Onboard Intel® Atom™ E3845 1.91GHz with Integrated Chipset
- One 204-pin DDR3L SODIMM Socket Supports Up to 8GB DDR3L 1333 SDRAM
- 12.1” XGA 1024 x 768 LED Backlight
- 3 x USB 2.0 and 1 x USB 3.0 (up to 8 USB with expansion card)
- 2 x COM
- Supports TPM 1.2
- Dual Intel I210IT Gigabit LAN
- Wide Temp -20 ~ +60°C
- Anti-Shock & Vibration (20G & 5G)
- Wide Voltage +12V ~ +26V Input, ErP Power
- IP65 Compliant Front Panel and IP41 Rear Cover
- Optional Panel Mount kit for OEM
- FCC, CE RoHS Compliance
- Easy Assembly & Expandability:
- 2.5” Swappable HDD Drive
- Memory Service Window
- Flex-Expansion modules to add HDMI, Audio, COM, USB 3.0, mini-PCIe, GPIO, CAN Bus
Intel Atom E3845 Performance
The ARC-1209 is powered by the onboard Intel® Atom™ E3845 1.91GHz processor with integrated chipset and supports one 204-pin DDR3L SODIMM system memory with up to 8GB capacity. The Intel® Atom™ processor E3800 product family is the first Atom™ system-on-chip (SoC) designed for intelligent systems, delivering outstanding compute, graphical, and media performance while operating in an extended range of thermal conditions. Highlights include Flexible I/O connectivity, integrated memory controller, virtualization, and built-in security capabilities within an overall low thermal design power (TDP) envelope.
Mechanical Design Features
Compared with other similar IPC products, the ARC series ID design provides industrial customers with a brand new concept of next generation all-in-one Panel PCs. It is Rugged, Full Featured, Expandable and Stylish with a brushed aluminum front bezel.
- Front panel IP-65 water/dust proof
- Rear cover IP-41 protection
- Brushed aluminum front bezel and back cover reducing overall weights
- 75x75/100x100mm mounting holes for VESA mount Compliance
- Easy access service window and modularized design allowing flexible expansion and quick access to storage and memory
Standard I/O Interfaces
- One USB 3.0, Three USB 2.0
- Two Gigabit LAN ports
- Two COM
- DC-in Power Input
- Power on/off Switch
- Two speaker-out
- One SATAII (supports SATA HDD)
- One mini-PCIe socket supporting mSATA
- Three knockouts for antenna mounting
- Swappable 2.5” hard disk drive
- Service window for memory
- Flex-Expandable I/O bay
Flex-Expandable I/O Interfaces via Intelligent Expansion Technology
For OEM customers that require additional I/O interfaces, the ARC-1209 supports optional dual display (HDMI + LVDS), three audio jacks for 5.1CH, an extra Mini PCIe slot with push-push SIM socket, and future expansion for GPIO & CAN Bus. These options are provided by the Intelligent Flex-Expansion Technology which brings the benefit of flexibility to the I/O interfaces (via multiple configuration of daughter boards through the 80-pin expansion socket), reduced expansion cost, and quick time-to-market for our customers.
ARC stands for Advanced Ruggedized Computer. The design features include:
- Support for industrial operation environments of temperature between -30~+60°C
- Wide range voltage input between +12~+26V
- Anti-vibration (continuous vibrations) of up to 5Grms
- Anti-shock of up to 20Grms tests
Panel Mount Option
For OEMs such as the Kiosks, equipment manufacturers, HMI, and digital vending machine designers, the ARC-1209 Panel PC is capable for Panel Mount conversion in order to fit into the custom enclosures. ARC-1209 Panel Mount Kit enables cost-savings and easy installation for mounting the Panel PC unit directly into the OEM’s own enclosures. Examples of applications using this mounting method include wall-mount interactive kiosks, digital vending machines, HMI and factory machines with touch screen, and surface mount control consoles.
The combined features of the Intel Atom E3845 Quad-Core performance and rich hardware expansion capabilities make the ARC-1209 all-in-one Panel PC an ideal solution for efficient imaging workflows, digital signage with secure content delivery, visually appealing interactive clients (interactive kiosks, intelligent vending, ATM and point-of-sale (POS) terminals), portable medical devices, industrial control systems, and in-vehicle/forklift information systems, as well as industrial automation, and human machine interface (HMI) applications.
Screen Size and Availability
The ARC-1209 Panel PC comes in a 12” display size available now and a 15” is in development. The ARC-15 inch screen size it is scheduled to ship in June 2015. For question regarding ODM/OEM custom design or open frame, please contact your authorized BCM distributors for pricing and availability or for additional information please email BCMSales@bcmcom.com
Product Page: http://www.bcmcom.com/bcm_product_ARC-1209.htm
* All product specifications and product images are subject to change without notice.
|© BCM Advanced Research, 11 Chrysler, Irvine, California, USA. All Rights Reserved.
BCM Advanced Research (BCM) is a leading developer and manufacturer of x86/ARM RISC embedded industrial motherboards and systems for ODMs and OEM that integrate computing technology into their products. We own a very strong R&D engineering team and operation department based in Southern California in order to provide prompt project develop support and instant problem solving assistance.
We can be reached by email BCMSales@bcmcom.com. To unsubscribe from this e-mail list, reply to this e-mail with "unsubscribe" in the subject line or Click here to unsubscribe.