BCM introduces next generation Intel® Apollo Lake platform embedded motherboards powered by onboard Intel® Celeron®, Pentium® and Atom® processors
BCM, an associate member of Intel Internet of Things Solutions Alliances, introduces four Intel® Celeron® N3350, Intel® Pentium® N4200, and Intel® Atom® processor E-series, formerly Apollo Lake, based embedded motherboards available in COM Express module, Q7 module, mini-ITX, 3.5” SBC and mini-IPC form factors. These processors achieve new levels of Compute Performance, Security, and Media processing in a compact form factor to empower real-time computing in digital signage, digital surveillance, industrial automation, retail, office automation, medical and more. These new Intel Apollo Lake based motherboards are designed for meeting the rising demands of lower cost, lower power, and superior system performance for mid and entry level applications.
A successor to Braswell, upgrade to a new architecture
As a member of the Intel® Atom family, Apollo Lake reserves certain characteristics and advantages from its predecessor, Braswell. Examples include a small die SoC designed to slot in below the core architecture chips. This series is aimed at the mid to entry-level application market and enabling Intel-based solutions to better compete on cost, low power consumption, and performance. Different from the past Atom series processors, Apollo Lake adopts the new Goldmount architecture utilizing Intel’s industry-leading 14 nm process technology. Furthermore, this processor integrates a newer GPU design based on Intel’s Gen9 GPU (same as Skylake series) to offer modern GPU features and better multimedia performance.
Small Yet Powerful
The Apollo Lake provides a significant performance improvement over Braswell especially in multimedia applications benefited by the Gen9 GPU. The Apollo Lake series can support up to 3 independent 4K ultra HD displays via LVDS, HDMI or DisplayPort. The Apollo Lake processor integrates the HEVC and VP9 hardware deciding function, so power consumption is reduced when running network video stream. The processor TDP is only 6W which is very helpful for energy savings and thermal management.
A balance between cost and performance for the mid to entry-level Applications
- Suitable for portable devices, audio-video equipment, thin client, or compact system applications where low power consumption, low heat, low noise level, and small size are key factors.
ECM-APL 3.5" SBC
- Onboard Intel® Pentium®/Celeron® /Atom™ SoC BGA Processor (Apollo Lake Platform)
- 1 x 204-Pin DDR3L 1866MHz SO-DIMM, supports 4G/8G & up to 8GB DDR3L 1866MTs SDRAM (Non-ECC)
- Triple Display (Dual HDMI, LVDS)
- 1 x SATA III, 4 x USB3.0 ,1 xUSB2.0, 6 COM ,1x Mini-PCIe,1x M.2, 8-bit GPIO
- +12 ~ 26V Wide Power Range
- OS: Win 10,
- Standard Temp: 0°C ~ 60°C (32°F ~ 140°F)
- Extended Temp (Optional): -40°C ~ 85°C (-40°F ~ 185°F)
- Intel Celeron N3350/Pentium N4200 SoC BGA CPU
- One 204-pin SODIMM Socket Up to 8GB DDR3L 1866MHz SDRAM
- 1 x COM, 2 x HDMI, 2 x LAN, 4 x USB 3.0
- 2 x Antenna Mounting
- Supports 2 x Mini PCIe Slot (1xFull, 1xHalf)
- Wide Range DC Power Input from 12 ~ 26V
- Fanless Operating from -10 ~ 60°C
- Compact Size, 7.05" x 4.76" x 1.77"
- Optional Stand, Wall Mount / VESA / DIN-Rail
- Supports TPM 2.0 (Optional)
ESM-APLC Compact COMe Module
- Onboard Intel® Celeron®N3350 / Pentium® N4200 / Atom™ E Series SoC BGA Processor
- 1 204-pin So-DIMM socket supports up to 8GB DDR3L 1866 SDRAM
- Supports Dual Channel18/24 bit LVDS, Display Port, HDMI, VGA, eDP (Optional)
- Intel I211 Gigabit Ethernet
- 2 SATA 3.0, 8 USB 2.0, 4 USB 3.0, 8-bit GPIO
- HD Audio Interface
- 9~19V Wide Range Power Input
- Type 6 Rev 2.1 Pin-out
- Compact Size: 3.7" x 3.7" (95mm x 95mm)
EQM-APL Q7 Module
- Onboard Intel® Pentium®/Celeron®/Atom™ SoC BGA processor
- Onboard DDR3L 1866 4GB Up to 8GB, supports ECC ( Optional)
- Intel® I210IT Gigabit Ethernet
- 2 x SATA III, 6 x USB 2.0, 2 x USB 3.0, 3 x PCIe2.0
- Dual Channel 18/24-bit LVDS + HDMI
- Supports eMMC 5.0, SD card(SDIO 3.0)
- Qseven Form Factor Rev. 2.1 compliant
- Extended Temperature: -40°C ~ +85°C (Optional)
- Standard Temp.: -5°C ~ 70°C (23°F ~ 158°F) (N4200/N3350)
- Dimension: 2.75" x 2.75" (70mm x 70mm)
- Intel N3350 Dual Core SoC
- Supports two DDR3L SoDIMM 1600 MHz system
memory up to 8GB
- Supports Three Independent Displays
- 1 x DP, 2 x HDMI
- 2 x M.2 sockets, 1 x PCIe x1
- 4 x COM Ports
- 6 x USB 3.0, 2 x USB 2.0
- TPM 2.0
- 12V DC-in
- Fanless Operation
- Low Profile Thin mini-ITX
- Supported OS: Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit
BI255-3350N Barebone Computer
If you are looking for a MX3350N mini-ITX inside Barebone Computer, BI255-3350N is the quick time-to-market and lower cost solution for you.
This industrial BOX computer measures approximately 8” L x 7.1” W x 2.5” H and weighs about 3.20 pounds. Powered by 12V DC-in, providing rich external I/O interfaces. Please contact BCMSales@bcmcom.com for more details.
For more information please contact us at BCMSales@bcmcom.com or visit us at www.bcmcom.com.
BCM is an associate member of Intel IoT Alliances. This membership opens a wide door for BCM to align closely with Intel® to better serve our clients in their use and adoption of Intel® embedded architecture. As an Intel® Internet of Things Solutions Alliance Associate member, BCM stays technologically connected in receiving early access to the latest Intel® technical roadmaps, test platforms, design support, and business objectives. Additionally, our R&D engineers and account managers will be in a position to better serve our clients by further educating themselves about the latest Intel® embedded technologies and actively participating in Intel® training, market development programs, and other ecosystem activities.