|BCM Introduces ESM-BDW Compact COM Express Module with 5th Generation 14nm Intel® Core™ i7/i5/i3 SOC processor family onboard
BCM, a global embedded solution provider and an Associate Member of the Intel® Internet of Things Solutions Alliance, introduces its ESM-BDW COM Express Module equipped with the 5th generation 14nm Intel® Core™ i7/i5/i3 processor family, codenamed Broadwell. These processors are designed based on Intel’s new 14nm processor technology delivering excellent graphics and performance in a smaller footprint and thermal envelope. This platform supports many features required by the next generation Internet of Things solutions applications, while maintaining compatibility with previous generations. “Intel’s 5th generation Intel® Core™ processors bring excellent performance for embedded edge devices in Internet of Things applications. With this new technology, BCM will be able to provide their customers with important advancements in speed and performance required for Internet of Things solutions.” said Samuel Cravatta, IOTG Product Line Director, Intel.
The 5th Gen Intel® Core™ Platform benefits:
- Performance: Ultra low-power package, powering space-constrained devices in more environments
- Compatibility: Seamless upgrades from 4th generation Intel® Core™ processor platforms to help lower development costs and reduce time to market
- Graphics: New Intel® HD Graphics delivers stunning and responsive visuals in 5th generation Intel® Core™ processors, including increased display resolution, additional codec support, and 4K support
- Security: Excellent security and manageability features help drive down total cost and risk, protecting data and preventing malware threats.
ESM-BDW COM Express Features:
- Onboard 5th Gen Intel® Core™ SoC i7/i5/i3 BGA Processor
- 2 x 204pin DDR3L SO-DIMM up to 8G per DIMM
- Support Dual Channel LVDS, Display Port, HDMI, VGA, eDP (optional)
- 4 SATA (6.0GB/s)
- 8 USB 2.0, 2 USB 3.0
- 8-bit GPIO
- Intel® 1218LM Gigabit Ethernet
- HD Audio Interface
- Type 6 Pin-out
- 95mm x 95mm Compact COM Express form factor
SKUs in i7/i5/i3 Processors
The ESM-BDW COM Express module is available in different SKUs including onboard i7-5650U processor; onboard i5-5350U processor and onboard i3-5010U processor. The module supports two 204-pin DDR3L SODIMM system memory with up 8GB each SODIMM and up to 16GB total.
For dual display configurations, this module supports HDMI, VGA, LVDS, Display Port and optional eDP. In addition, the ESM-BDW supports Gigabit Ethernet, HD Audio, 4 SATAII, 8 USB 2.0, 2 USB 3.0, I2C, 4 PCIe x1 and Win8/Win7 for OS.
The ESM-BDW COM Express module is an excellent solution for mobile and low power performance driven embedded applications such as hand-held test instrumentation, portable or battery operated medical devices, mobile broadcast media, portable data-comm systems, rugged fanless devices, and vehicle computer equipment.
For turn-key test drive solution, BCM also provides EEV-EX14, the evaluation carrier board in uATX form factor to operate with ESM-BDW for supporting rich I/O and expansions interfaces.
The ESM-BDW is scheduled to ship in June, 2015. Please contact your authorized BCM distributors for pricing and availability or for additional information please email BCMSales@bcmcom.com
Product Page: http://www.bcmcom.com/bcm_product_ESM-BDW.htm
For information regarding our company or products please visit www.bcmcom.com.
* All product specifications and product images are subject to change without notice.
|© BCM Advanced Research, 11 Chrysler, Irvine, California, USA. All Rights Reserved.
BCM Advanced Research (BCM) is a leading developer and manufacturer of x86/ARM RISC embedded industrial motherboards and systems for ODMs and OEM that integrate computing technology into their products. We own a very strong R&D engineering team and operation department based in Southern California in order to provide prompt project develop support and instant problem solving assistance.
We can be reached by email BCMSales@bcmcom.com. To unsubscribe from this e-mail list, reply to this e-mail with "unsubscribe" in the subject line or Click here to unsubscribe.