Instructions for updating your computer to the latest BIOS version
- Update the BIOS on your computer only if the newer BIOS version specifically solves a problem you have. We do not recommend BIOS updates for computers that do not need it.
- Before initiating a BIOS update, be sure to read and precisely follow the update instructions. You may wish to print the instructions for easy reference.
- If a BIOS update process is interrupted, your computer may not function properly. We recommend the process be done in an environment with a steady power supply (preferably with UPS).
- The BIOS files provided here are exclusively for BCM products. BCM takes no responsibility for any damage caused by improper use or lack of technical expertise.
- The downloaded compressed file includes flash utility to update the BIOS. Please do not use the update utility not provided by BCM.
- Please identify the model name and part number of your BCM Product with the downloaded BIOS. If you are not sure the model name and part number of your product, please do not update the BIOS.
Instructions for BIOS Update
With the BIOS update utility, you can update the BIOS from a floppy disk, bootable CD-ROM, bootable USB flash drive or other bootable USB media. (Information on how to create a bootable USB device or CD is listed in below.)
Using the BIOS update is a four-part process:
Part 1: Create the bootable media (floppy, CD or USB device)
Part 2: De-compress the downloaded file to the bootable media
Part 3: Boot up the computer from bootable media
Part 4: Execute bat file and Reboot the computer
Creating a Bootable USB Device
Making a USB flash device into a bootable drive is not as simple as creating bootable floppy disks. Please refer to the documentation provided by the manufacturer of your USB device for information on how to create a bootable USB device. Additionally, you may refer to any of the following websites for tips on creating bootable USB devices. BCM is unable to assist with the creation of bootable devices.
• Make your Thumb Drive Bootable at http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1895,1846793,00.asp
• How to Boot from a USB Device at http://www.weethet.nl/english/hardware_bootfromusbstick.php
• HP Drive Key Boot Utility at http://h18000.www1.hp.com/support/files/serveroptions/us/download/23839.html
• Create Bootable USB Flash Drive at http://ucsu.colorado.edu/~shaher/Bootable_USB.html
You can also search for additional resources on the web for creating bootable USB devices. Search on “How to create bootable USB drives”.
Creating a Bootable CD
Creating a bootable CD is not as simple as creating bootable floppy disks. Refer to any of the following websites for tips on creating bootable CDs. BCM is unable to assist with the creation of bootable devices.
• Bart’s Way to Create Bootable CD-ROMs at http://www.nu2.nu/bootcd/
• How to Create a Bootable CD-ROM at http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/75
• How to Create Bootable CDs at http://www.techsupportalert.com/search/t1214.pdf
You can also search for additional resources on the web for creating bootable CDs. Search on “How to create a bootable CD”.
Creating a Bootable CD
The Drivers provided here are exclusively for BCM products only. BCM takes no responsibility for any damage resulted from improper usage or lack of technical expertise.
* Information in this page is provided in connection with BCM Products and purpose of supporting BCM developed boards and systems.